Florida Gov. DeSantis launches tour to empower parents in education
The Republican also announced his intention to get involved in local school board races through endorsements.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is stepping up his efforts to empower parents and stamp out liberal ideology in schools as part of his fall reelection campaign.
The Republican on Monday announced a statewide tour and his intention to get involved in local school board races through endorsements.
The DeSantis Education Agenda Tour is a "student-first, parent-centered initiative focused on setting Florida’s children up for success, ensuring parental rights in education, and combatting the woke agenda from infiltrating public schools,” the governor’s office said.
The tour reportedly will launch on Sunday and will make stops in Miami-Dade, Sarasota, Volusia, and Duval.
The Florida governor's website states his school agenda includes:
- Keeping schools open and free from lockdowns.
- Rejecting indoctrination like Critical Race Theory and gender ideology in curriculum.
- Ensuring parental rights in school systems.
- Expanding civics education.
- Expanding workforce development and tech education.
The governor also explained how he will make endorsements.
“These pro-parent, pro-student local school board candidates are committed to the DeSantis Education Agenda. Parental rights, curriculum transparency, and classrooms free of woke ideology are all on the ballot this election, and it starts with school board elections,” DeSantis said in a statement.
Just News, No Noise
- Congress probing if FBI used ‘Russian disinformation’ claim to shut down Biden inquiries
- NRA exec, Trump donor says daughter and granddaughter died in plane crash that sparked DC sonic boom
- Comer to hold Wray in contempt, says FBI still investigating Biden bribery claim 3 years later
- Crisis of confidence in U.S. Marine Corps as Biden nominates new commandant
- Fight against DEI in schools picks up steam nationwide