Florida Gov. DeSantis launches tour to empower parents in education
The Republican also announced his intention to get involved in local school board races through endorsements.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is stepping up his efforts to empower parents and stamp out liberal ideology in schools as part of his fall reelection campaign.
The Republican on Monday announced a statewide tour and his intention to get involved in local school board races through endorsements.
The DeSantis Education Agenda Tour is a "student-first, parent-centered initiative focused on setting Florida’s children up for success, ensuring parental rights in education, and combatting the woke agenda from infiltrating public schools,” the governor’s office said.
The tour reportedly will launch on Sunday and will make stops in Miami-Dade, Sarasota, Volusia, and Duval.
The Florida governor's website states his school agenda includes:
- Keeping schools open and free from lockdowns.
- Rejecting indoctrination like Critical Race Theory and gender ideology in curriculum.
- Ensuring parental rights in school systems.
- Expanding civics education.
- Expanding workforce development and tech education.
The governor also explained how he will make endorsements.
“These pro-parent, pro-student local school board candidates are committed to the DeSantis Education Agenda. Parental rights, curriculum transparency, and classrooms free of woke ideology are all on the ballot this election, and it starts with school board elections,” DeSantis said in a statement.
Just News, No Noise
- Trump hails Ginni Thomas for standing firm on election integrity in face of Jan. 6 panel
- Enemies list? Fed-backed censorship machine targeted 20 news sites
- Watch: Ian batters historic warship docked in South Carolina waters
- Former President Trump compares Biden admin to Soviet Union for ‘jailing political opponents’
- Florida Rep. Ted Deutch resigns from Congress to lead U.S. Jewish advocacy group