Biden: Many stayed home in pandemic 'because some black woman was able to stack the grocery shelf'
Biden's remark about Americans realizing that they could remain cloistered at home garners attention on social media.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A clip of Joe Biden commenting that Americans realized that they could remain at home during the pandemic because of the work of others has garnered attention online.
Biden's remarks were extracted from a Sept. 15 roundtable event he was part of in Tampa, Florida.
"Because the American public, the blinders have been taken off. They've all of a sudden seen a helluva lot clearer," Biden said. The Democratic presidential nominee went on to say that Americans saw that "geez, the reason I was able to stay sequestered in my home is because some black woman was able to stack the grocery shelf. Or I got a young Hispanic is out there, these Dreamers are out there, 60,000 of 'em acting as first responders and nurses and docs. Or all of a sudden people are realizing, my Lord, you know, these people have done so much, not just black, white, across the board, have done so much for me. We can do this. We can get things done."
Late last month Deputy Director of Rapid Response for the Trump campaign Jake Schneider tweeted a clip of part of Biden's comments.
"What is it about Democrats that they automatically see minorities as low-level service workers???" conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza tweeted on Monday.
"Imagine @realDonaldTrump, or any Republican said what Joe Biden just said here," Daily Wire contributor Harry Khachatrian tweeted on Monday.
Just News, No Noise
- FBI agent's testimony implicates headquarters brass in social media censorship
- Top Republican on House Ways and Means urges colleagues to aim for a short-term spending bill
- Two RNC committeemen call for McDaniel to drop out of election for party chair
- Country singer John Rich announces alternative to liberal, cancel culture banks - 'Old Glory Bank'
- Rep. James Comer flips Democrat 'quid pro quo' impeachment argument on to Joe Biden