Connecticut GOP: State Democrat have 'lost their minds' on plan to give voting rights to illegals
The measure is being considered by the state's Democrat-led House.
The Connecticut Republican Party is criticizing the Democrat-led state House for a proposal this legislative session to consider voting rights for illegal immigrants, saying Democrats in the state in considering such as idea have "lost their minds."
"It's official. @CTDems have lost their minds," the Connecticut GOP tweeted Thursady. "Now they are proposing voting rights for ILLEGAL ALIENS. Elections are for U.S. citizens only. We will fight this tooth and nail to preserve the integrity of our democratic system."
The stated purpose of the proposal, House Joint Resolution No. 12, is to "allow undocumented immigrants who are residents of the state to vote in municipal and state elections."
The bill was introduced Jan. 17 2023 and has been referred to the Joint Committee on Government Administration and Elections.
Just News, No Noise
- House bill rescinding $71B for 87k IRS agents stalled in Senate after nearly 4 weeks without vote
- House Judiciary GOP subpoena FBI's Christopher Wray, AG Merrick Garland
- Former Trump economic adviser calls on GOP to dig in on debt ceiling, budget battles
- Chinese students running distribution for drug cartels: former DEA official
- Pentagon says it's spotted second Chinese balloon over Latin America