Georgia certifies then decertifies recount results
The certification remains expected later today
The Georgia Secretary of State issued a correction Friday afternoon, saying this state is still completing the certification process, despite an earlier announcement that the state had certified an electoral victory for Joe Biden.
Brad Raffensperger, the Republican Secretary of State, said he expects the certification will be complete later on Friday.
Joe Biden continues his transition effort, as he plans Friday to meet with top congressional Democrats.
President Trump, conversely, continues to pursue his bid to reverse the results of the election. He has invited top Republican leaders from Michigan to meet with him at the White House.
News, Not Noise
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court overturns judge's ruling raising constitutional questions about election
- Data expert: Vote tabulation feeds in PA, GA show 'anomalies' suggesting Trump missing votes
- Justice Department announces major arrest of hundreds of transnational criminals in Central America
- Pennsylvania judge says plaintiffs have 'viable claim' that state mail-in ballot rule was illegal
- Johns Hopkins published then deleted an article questioning the U.S. coronavirus death rate