Marianne Williamson endorses Nancy Pelosi's 2020 election challenger Shahid Buttar
Williamson said she is not pleased with the current state of the Democratic Party
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former Democratic presidential primary contender Marianne Williamson has publicly endorsed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's 2020 election rival Shahid Buttar.
Williamson said that while she appreciates Pelosi’s role as a trailblazer who served as the first female Speaker, she is not pleased with the current state of the Democratic Party.
"This last HEROES Act, that did it for me," Williamson said in an Instagram post where she made her endorsement announcement. "Should be $2,000 dollars a month until this is done. We need Medicare for all. We need a show of compassion for the American people that is simply not the agenda these days for the corporate-backed Democratic Party."
"Progressives can't just be sidelined all the time, or pandered to, suppressed, it's gotta stop. Let's stop it now," Williamson said.
News, not Noise
- Washington DC suburb eyes taxing residents for rain on their roofs, driveways, parking lots
- Governments warn of heart problems from COVID vaccines, but Twitter calls research 'unsafe'
- Elon Musk calls for Congress to throw out Biden's entire Build Back Better bill: 'Don't pass it'
- 'All Lives Matter to our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ' sign got football coach fired: lawsuit
- Manchin: Without 'bipartisan buy-in,' Biden's budget reconciliation bill 'won't last'