Multiple Biden campaign staffers donated to Minnesota group that pays bail for rioters
The news comes amid significant civil unrest throughout the country.
June 26, 2020 - 11:59am
At least 13 Joe Biden campaign workers have donated to an organization called the Minnesota Freedom Fund that pays for people's bail, according to Reuters.
The group opposes the bail system, and pays the fees that enable people to avoid pre-trial detention, according to its website.
A Biden spokesman told Reuters that the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee stands against cash bail as a "modern day debtors prison," though the spokesman did not answer inquires about if the campaign coordinated the donations, Reuters reported.
"It’s disturbing that Joe Biden’s team would financially support the mayhem that is hurting innocent people and destroying what good people spent their lives building," the Trump campaign wrote on Saturday.
Protests have erupted in cities across the country following the May 25 death of George Floyd. Some have engaged in destruction of property, looting and violence.
News, Not Noise
- COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S., according to the CDC
- Texas hospital CEO: COVID inpatient count 'misinterpreted,' level of alarm 'unwarranted'
- Liberals reserve tickets to Trump's New Hampshire rally to try making venue look empty
- Fauci omits context, feeds alarm with warning of 100,000 coronavirus infections a day
- Russian-born scholar: False allegations of affair with Flynn used as pretext for FBI probe