Why you shouldn't take too much stock in presidential election polling now
A whole lot can happen from now until November 3
June 30, 2020 - 10:31am
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
If the election were held tomorrow, polls show President Donald Trump would almost certainly lose.
Latest polling shows former Vice President Joe Biden leading Trump by eight percentage points among registered voters (47% to 39%).
But the election is not being held tomorrow. If you add in uncertainty about the coronavirus, civil rights unrest, and the economy, a whole lot can happen from now until November 3.
That's why even pollster Scott Rasmussen admits that polling data today may not accurately predict what’s going happen in November.
News, Not Noise
- COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S., according to the CDC
- Texas hospital CEO: COVID inpatient count 'misinterpreted,' level of alarm 'unwarranted'
- Liberals reserve tickets to Trump's New Hampshire rally to try making venue look empty
- Fauci omits context, feeds alarm with warning of 100,000 coronavirus infections a day
- Russian-born scholar: False allegations of affair with Flynn used as pretext for FBI probe