Ron DeSantis expected to jump into the 2024 presidential race next week
DeSantis would be the fifth Republican to join the GOP primary.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Florida GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis is expected to launch his 2024 presidential campaign next week, according to multiple sources.
Sources told The Wall Street Journal that DeSantis is going to file paperwork for his candidacy on May 25.
The Washington Post reported that he will have a launch event in his hometown of Dunedin, Florida.
DeSantis would be the fifth Republican to join the GOP primaries along with former President Donald Trump, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson and businessman Vivek Ramaswamy.
Other GOP figures that may jump into the race include former Vice President Mike Pence and South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott.
It has been rumored for months that DeSantis would launch a presidential run based on his travel schedule, as he has visited key election states, including Iowa and New Hampshire.
Just News, No Noise
- Joe Biden bribery allegations involve Ukraine, first raised with FBI in 2017, key investigator says
- Christian man arrested for quoting Bible verse at pride event
- Matt Gaetz introduces resolution to hold former Trump probe prosecutor Mark Pomerantz in contempt
- J6 Unmasked: Security footage confirms Capitol door opened, allowing 300 to enter building freely
- FBI harbored Biden allegations since 2017, through impeachment, election, lawmaker says