Sen. Chris Coons wins Delaware Democratic Senate primary
Coons defeated Jessica Scarane during the primary contest.
Delaware Sen. Chris Coons on Tuesday defeated progressive rival Jessica Scarane during the state's Democratic primary.
The sitting senator appears to have scored a resounding victory, earning 73.7 percent of the vote compared to Scarane's 26.3 percent as of 10:11 p.m. EST.
Coons has spent nearly a decade working in the Senate since he began serving in 2010 after winning a special election.
News, Not Noise
- Treasury flagged foreign money flowing to Hunter Biden-tied firms as ‘suspicious’
- AG Barr rebukes career DOJ prosecutors for political 'headhunting,' insubordination
- Model that predicted 5 of past 6 presidential elections has Trump in 2020 by 'landslide'
- Trump shattered diplomatic norms, rejected establishment to pave way for historic Middle East peace
- Fox host rebukes Gingrich on-air: Soros campaign funding of left-wing DAs is taboo topic