Trump-backed Rep. Budd wins North Carolina GOP Senate primary
Ted Budd defeated former Gov. Pat McCrory and former U.S. Rep. Mark Walker.
Updated: May 18, 2022 - 12:20pm
Rep. Ted Budd on Tuesday night won the North Carolina GOP Senate primary, according to the Associated Press.
The Trump-backed Budd defeated former Gov. Pat McCrory and former U.S. Rep. Mark Walker.
Budd will face Democratic nominee Cheri Beasley, the former chief justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court, in the general election in November.
In other North Carolina congressional primaries, the Associated Press declared:
- Don Davis the winner in the Democrat primary for the 1st Congressional District.
- Valerie Foushee in the Democrat primary for the 4th Congressional District.
- Kathy Manning in the Democrat primary for the 6th Congressional District. (unopposed.)
- Jeff Jackson in the Democrat primary for the 14th Congressional District.
- Deborah Ross in Democrat primary for the 2nd Congressional District. (unopposed.)
- Wiley Nickel in Democrat primary for the 13th Congressional District.
- Greg Murphy in the GOP primary for the 3rd Congressional District.
Just News, No Noise
- IRS whistleblower provides Congress origins of Biden probe, evidence of political interference
- Arizona judge denies sanctions against Kari Lake and her legal team
- Biden, McCarthy strike tentative deal to slow spending and raise debt limit
- Texas House votes to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton
- Appeals court reinstates religious challenge to COVID vaccine mandate for healthcare workers