JetBlue announces offer to buy Spirit Airlines
Offer follows Spirit ending negotiations to merge with Frontier air
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
JetBlue Airways announced Thursday a plan to buy Spirit Airlines – a deal that if completed would create the United States' fifth-largest airline.
The announcement comes a day after Spirit ended a deal to merge with Frontier airlines, according to CNN.
JetBlue had been pursuing a hostile bid for Spirit while the airline tried to get shareholders' approval for a lower-priced deal with Frontier, the news outlet also reports.
Just News, No Noise
- Mugged by reality? Dems pivot on law and order as soft-on-crime liberals assaulted, burglarized
- Roughly 98% of people eligible to receive latest COVID booster have not received one
- Key lawmaker worried FBI whistleblowers facing retaliation as evidence of politicization mounts
- Mark Zuckerberg, wife sued over alleged 2020 election funding fraud
- Congress secures first Hunter Biden whistleblowers as memos unmask lucrative gas deals with China