GOP fundraises off latest coronavirus bill, accuses Democrats of 'outrageous partisan games'
Speaker Pelosi and Minority Leader Schumer singled out
March 26, 2020 - 8:10pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The National Republican Congressional Committee attacked Democrats in a sponsored fundraising email as Congress works to pass a massive stimulus package to help American workers and businesses struggling because of coronavirus.
The email, paid for by the NRCC and signed by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, blasts Democrats for pushing partisan policies instead of working to help Americans amid the health crisis.
"At a time when our leaders should be coming together for the sake of ALL Americans, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer have chosen to prioritize outrageous partisan games," the email says. "Instead of helping families, Democrats want to regulate airplane emissions. Instead of helping small business owners, Democrats want to pass ballot harvesting legislation."
The message urges readers to donate to a "Stop Pelosi Fund," and says that donations will be matched by a factor of five.
"Frankly, the Democrats’ obstructionist actions are unacceptable which is why I have activated 5X MATCHING until midnight tonight to our Stop Pelosi Fund," the email also states.
It is unclear who would supply the funding for the five-times matching donation.
News, Not Noise
- COVID-19 is close to losing its epidemic status in the U.S., according to the CDC
- Texas hospital CEO: COVID inpatient count 'misinterpreted,' level of alarm 'unwarranted'
- Liberals reserve tickets to Trump's New Hampshire rally to try making venue look empty
- Fauci omits context, feeds alarm with warning of 100,000 coronavirus infections a day
- Russian-born scholar: False allegations of affair with Flynn used as pretext for FBI probe