GOP Sen. Graham to attend launch of Trump campaign's South Carolina team
South Carolina Republican Gov. Henry McMaster will also attend the event.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham will attend the launch of the Trump campaign's South Carolina team, set to occur on Jan. 28.
Former President Donald Trump, at present the only Republican to have declared his candidacy for president in 2024, will appear in the South Carolina State House to name his state campaign team's leaders, according to The Hill. South Carolina Republican Gov. Henry McMaster will also attend the event.
Graham has been one of the former president's most stalwart supporters and his attendance may serve as an indicator of Trump's continued support within key elements of the GOP as other potential candidates mull their own bids for the party's nomination.
South Carolina is one of the first states to hold a Republican primary contest. Trump won the state in the 2016 competition and an early win in the nomination process may help him to claim the party nomination for a third time.
Just News, No Noise
- Homeland sees ‘heightened threat’ of attacks on churches, cops and feds ahead of 2024 election
- Nearly everyone infected with COVID-19 at CDC event was vaccinated: agency survey
- Debt deal frays GOP unity McCarthy enjoyed since Speaker battle as prominent conservatives bolt
- House Freedom Caucus blasts debt deal: 'This is a career-defining vote for every Republican'
- McCarthy vows to hold FBI Director Wray in contempt over Biden probe