NY EMS fatally stabbed while aiding patient
She was promptly rushed to nearby Mt. Sinai hospital, where she died.
A 61-year-old medical official sustained fatal stab wounds to the neck on Thursday while attempting to treat a patient.
The Fire Department of New York (FDNY) Emergency Medical Services (EMS) lieutenant was treating a patient in Queens when a mentally ill relative of that individual stabbed her multiple times in the neck, the New York Daily News reported. The suspect is in police custody, per ABC 7.
She was promptly rushed to nearby Mt. Sinai hospital, where she died. Authorities have not yet released her name. FDNY EMS employees have gathered outside the hospital to support their fallen colleague.
Just News, No Noise
- Scientist who worked closely with the Wuhan lab says COVID was genetically engineered and leaked
- Justices puzzled by Colorado's argument for forcing Christian designer to make gay wedding websites
- Calls for investigations grow over Katie Hobbs' alleged use of Twitter censorship, 1A issues
- New Hampshire senators skipping WH event to protest Biden support for Dem primary changes
- Louisiana, Missouri AGs release 359-page Fauci deposition in social media collusion lawsuit