CDC employees' political donations went overwhelmingly to left-leaning recipients, report says
The report, based on FEC records, revealed that five donations were given to Republican causes.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Nearly all of the more than 8,000 political donations made by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) employees since 2015 went to left-leaning recipients, according to the Daily Caller.
The outlet scoured Federal Election Commission data and discovered that CDC workers supplied more than $285,000 to what the Daily Caller described as "Democratic candidates and causes."
Five donations amounting to more than $1,000 were given to Republican causes.
"The contributions were made by more than 550 people who listed the CDC as their employer on FEC forms," according to the Daily Caller. "The contributors serve at various levels of management, ranging from nurses and information technology personnel to epidemiologists, public health advisors and the chief financial officer."
Some of the beneficiaries identified by the outlet included ActBlue, Bernie 2020, Biden for President, Hillary for America, Warren for President, Inc. and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
News, Not Noise
- After 6 months without lockdown, Sweden's COVID-19 deaths, infections bottom out
- MSNBC producer quits, says job 'forces skilled journalists to make bad decisions'
- 'That's awful.' Lisa Page's FBI text on Black Live Matters conflicts with MSNBC's embrace
- No immunity: State judge who helped illegal alien escape to face rare trial
- When racial justice becomes lucrative: Al Sharpton's $1 million compensation