CDC employees' political donations went overwhelmingly to left-leaning recipients, report says
The report, based on FEC records, revealed that five donations were given to Republican causes.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Nearly all of the more than 8,000 political donations made by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) employees since 2015 went to left-leaning recipients, according to the Daily Caller.
The outlet scoured Federal Election Commission data and discovered that CDC workers supplied more than $285,000 to what the Daily Caller described as "Democratic candidates and causes."
Five donations amounting to more than $1,000 were given to Republican causes.
"The contributions were made by more than 550 people who listed the CDC as their employer on FEC forms," according to the Daily Caller. "The contributors serve at various levels of management, ranging from nurses and information technology personnel to epidemiologists, public health advisors and the chief financial officer."
Some of the beneficiaries identified by the outlet included ActBlue, Bernie 2020, Biden for President, Hillary for America, Warren for President, Inc. and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
News, Not Noise
- Dakota Gov. Noem responds to criticism she backs job vaccination mandates, says banned 'passports'
- Trump owed $1 million in tax refund by Chicago, but state's attorney seeks to block refund
- Manchin plays spoiler to liberals once again, won't budge on filibuster
- Belarusian Olympic sprinter refuses to board flight from Tokyo, will not return to her home country
- Florida, Texas lead states' rights resistance against Big Tech and Big Government