Poll: Most Georgia voters want special session to require verification of mail-in ballot signatures
“The voter sentiment now for Governor Kemp to call a special session of the state legislature to require signature verification for all mail-in ballots for the senate runoff is strong and broad with a three to two statewide majority, approving 58 percent to 38 percent," John McLaughlin said.
A McLaughlin & Associates survey found significant support for the idea of Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp calling a special legislative session to require signature verification of mail-in ballots for the state's January Senate runoff contests.
In the Nov. 21-24 survey of 800 likely voters, 58% approved of the idea while just 38% disapproved.
“The poll was modeled on the November 3 presidential turnout and among all voters who cast ballots in that race,” John McLaughlin said according to The Georgia Star News. “The voter sentiment now for Governor Kemp to call a special session of the state legislature to require signature verification for all mail-in ballots for the senate runoff is strong and broad with a three to two statewide majority, approving 58 percent to 38 percent.
The majority support is broad, McLaughlin said, in all key voter groups.
"The people of Georgia clearly want an honest and secure election," he said. "They certainly view requiring signature verification of mail-in ballots as an important element of election integrity and fraud prevention. The governor should call on the legislature to act immediately."
President Donal Trump on Saturday rallied in the Peach State in support of Republican Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue, who are vying to remain in the U.S. Senate.
News, Not Noise
- Election audit in small New Hampshire town could have implications for 2020 results statewide
- CDC tells schools to keep students in masks
- ‘We have been complicit’: How Bon Appetit went from a classic American brand to a woke flagship
- DHS offers $500k for public-private data sweep targeting 'violent extremists' in law enforcement
- Trump asks for his props after vaccine success, CDC mask announcement - 'Just a mention please!'