Biden's approval rating just slightly ahead of Trump's at same time during first term
But Biden enjoys a large current lead over Trump in new poll, reflecting the latter's slippage since Jan. 6.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
President Joe Biden currently enjoys a favorability rating roughly comparable to that enjoyed by President Donald Trump at the same time in Trump's presidency, according to a new Just the News Daily Poll with Scott Rasmussen.
Biden presently has a 55% favorability rating among U.S. voters. That's close to the 50% approval rating Trump saw during the same week in Feb. 2017 of his first term, according to RealClearPolitics poll averages.
The Democratic president overall is posting a 15+ advantage over Trump at the moment.
The significant divergence in the two politicians' present favorability ratings is a result, at least in part, of the nearly two months of bad press which Trump has received since the Capitol riot of Jan. 6. Many politicians and media figures have laid the blame for that riot at Trump's feet, claiming the former president "incited" the rioters to engage in violence at Congress.
The survey of 1,200 registered voters was conducted by Scott Rasmussen using a mixed mode approach from Feb. 18-20, 2021.
News, Not Noise
- Sen. Rand Paul says Dr. Anthony Fauci is an elitist who 'thinks he's smarter than the rest of us'
- Sen. Ted Cruz says Biden's comments on Chauvin trial supplied grounds for mistrial
- Merkel says she criticizes Putin 'directly,' after Biden admits on TV he thinks he's a 'killer'
- Columnist, pundit Juan Williams says TV show host rejected him for not being 'black enough'
- Ocasio-Cortez: House GOP censuring Waters 'because they don't have any ideas of their own'