Biden's approval ratings in key areas continue to fall, according to recent poll
According to an ABC/Ipsos poll, around 44% of Americans approve of Biden as President, with 49% disapproving.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
President Joe Biden's overall approval rating continues to fall in key areas, according to a new survey.
A recent ABC News/Ipsos poll found that support for the president is diminishing across the board in key policy areas, such as the pandemic, gun control, immigration, and infrastructure.
According to the poll, Biden continues to maintain high approval ratings for his handling of the pandemic and his infrastructure agenda. For the pandemic, 57% of Americans approve of his handling of the deadly virus, and 55% approve of his infrastructure plan. However, this is in sharp contrast to last month, when the president enjoyed nearly 70% approval in both areas.
The president's overall approval rating, according to FiveThirtyEight, hovers around 45%, with 49% of Americans disapproving.
According to the New York Post, independents and Republicans are responsible for causing Biden's poll numbers to continue to fall.
This poll highlights the hurdles Biden is attempting to overcome in order to salvage his agenda.
News, not Noise
- In new book Huma Abedin claims U.S. Senator sexually assaulted her
- Leaving Atlanta: Amid rising urban crime and taxes, a secession movement grows in a moderate suburb
- Chicago set to pass one of US's biggest guaranteed income plans, amid calls to put money to violence
- Extreme couponing Virginia couple receive a combined nearly 20 years in prison for $31 million fraud
- 'Let's Go Brandon' gains widespread recognition across US, approval as form of protest, poll