Texas Democratic party official apologizes, resigns after calling Sen. Tim Scott an 'oreo'
"I am deeply and sincerely sorry for my inappropriate and hurtful use of racist term I used to describe Sen. Tim Scott on my personal Facebook page," Gary O'Connor told the Washington Examiner.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Lamar County Democratic Party Chair Gary O'Connor has tendered his resignation and apologized for describing Sen. Tim Scott as an "oreo."
"I am deeply and sincerely sorry for my inappropriate and hurtful use of racist term I used to describe Sen. Tim Scott on my personal Facebook page. It was insensitive, and I have embarrassed myself and my party by its use," O'Connor told the Washington Examiner. "As a result, I feel compelled to offer my resignation as chair of the Lamar County Democratic Party for consideration by the County Executive Committee."
Scott, a South Carolina Republican who is the only black GOP senator, delivered the Republican response after President Biden's first speech before a joint session of Congress last week.
In the post for which O'Connor is now apologizing, he had referred to the lawmaker as "little more than an oreo with no real principles."
News, Not Noise
- Investigation finds massive wrongdoing by prosecutor in case against ex-Missouri governor
- Biden issues National Day of Prayer Proclamation that does not include the word 'God'
- Fauci's agency spent over $400k on experiments grafting aborted fetal scalps onto mice and rats
- Kansas GOP lawmakers override Democratic governor's vetos on election bills, make them into law
- Arizona GOP chairwoman rejects election audit attacks: 'World-class experts' conducting review