'They will not win this race': President Biden says China is beating U.S. on electric vehicles
"Right now China is leading in this race. Make no bones about it. It's a fact," Biden said.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
President Biden said during a speech at Ford's electric vehicle plant in Michigan that China is currently beating the U.S. when it comes to electric vehicles.
"Right now China is leading in this race. Make no bones about it. It's a fact," Biden said. "And they think they're gonna win. But I got news for them. They will not win this race. We can't let them."
Biden spoke about his infrastructure proposal, which has not yet been passed by Congress, saying that "the American Jobs Plan invests in new and retooled union facilities, grants to kickstart new battery and parts production, loans and tax credits to boost manufacturing of these clean vehicles."
News, Not Noise
- Kingmaker? Trump has more than $100 million in the bank to influence 2022 elections
- Special Marine tactical force deployed twice in past month to protect embassies
- Kyrsten Sinema's bipartisanship gaining Republican favor
- Nearly 2 million households owe $15 billion in back rent as eviction moratorium expires
- Billionaire Brawl: Federal government denies Bezos claim of inappropriate space contract to Musk