Trump campaign goes after DeSantis's record in Florida
DeSantis has not announced a presidential campaign.
Former President Donald Trump's campaign on Friday took aim at Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis's record in the Sunshine State, suggesting that the governor was more concerned with cultivating his public profile than actually governing.
The email campaign release pointed to rising costs of living in the state and cited home prices in major Florida cities, according to The Hill. The state has seen a surge of arrivals from other states in recent years, driving demand. It further highlighted a fuel shortage in the southern part of the state stemming from recent flooding.
Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung in a statement said that "[t]he real DeSantis record is one of misery and despair. He has left a wake of destruction all across Florida and people are hurting because he has spent more time playing public relations games instead of actually doing the hard-work needed to improve the lives of the people he represents."
The former president and his cohorts have fired continuous volleys against the Florida governor, who consistently features in polls as the strongest possible contender against Trump in the Republican primary. DeSantis has not announced a presidential campaign.
Ben Whedon is an editor and reporter for Just the News. Follow him on Twitter.
Just News, No Noise
- Joe Biden bribery allegations involve Ukraine, first raised with FBI in 2017, key investigator says
- Christian man arrested for quoting Bible verse at pride event
- Matt Gaetz introduces resolution to hold former Trump probe prosecutor Mark Pomerantz in contempt
- J6 Unmasked: Security footage confirms Capitol door opened, allowing 300 to enter building freely
- FBI harbored Biden allegations since 2017, through impeachment, election, lawmaker says