Trump embraces ballot harvesting to 'master the Democrats' game'
"Our harvested ballots will only come from legal registered voters who are American citizens," he vowed.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump announced Wednesday that his campaign would embrace the controversial practice of ballot harvesting so as to "master the Democrats' game."
Appearing in a video on Truth Social, Trump asserted that "the radical left Democrats have used ballot harvesting to cancel out your vote and walk away with elections that they never should have won."
"In the states where ballot harvesting is still legal, we have no choice but to beat the Democrats at their own game," he added. "Either we start ballot harvesting or you can just wave goodbye to our country... We have to get smart."
"Our harvested ballots will only come from legal registered voters who are American citizens," he vowed. "With your help, we will master the Democrats' game of ballot harvesting and we will win back the White House from Joe Biden."
Ballot harvesting is a process whereby someone other than the voter submits an absentee ballot to election officials. This does not mean that someone votes for another person, but merely that they deliver someone else's legitimately filled out absentee ballot to be counted on their behalf.
The practice has attracted scrutiny due to a perceived propensity for fraud, especially given a dramatic rise in vote-by-mail practices since the 2020 presidential election.
Ben Whedon is an editor and reporter for Just the News. Follow him on Twitter.
Just News, No Noise
- Memos from 2018-19 shake up Trump case: Cohen denied having incriminating evidence on hush money
- Judge impressed by evidence of Biden administration coercion in social media censorship case
- John Solomon sues DOJ, National Archives over access to declassified Trump-Russia probe memos
- Biden blames MAGA Republicans for bill reversing ESG rule that received votes from Democrats
- Russia says its fighter jets stopped U.S. bombers flying over Baltic Sea