U.S. couple in Uganda could face death penalty over allegations of child abuse
Couple currently being held in country's death row prison.
Updated: December 22, 2022 - 11:25am
A U.S. couple in Uganda is facing possible execution from the country's government over allegations of severe child abuse against a foster child in their custody.
Nicholas and Mackenzie Spencer have been accused by prosecutors in Uganda of child torture over allegations that they forced a child under their supervision to undergo significant abuse including having to spend the day naked and being served only cold meals.
The alleged victim is said to be 10 years old and HIV-positive.
The couple is reportedly being held at Uganda's maximum security Luzira prison, where Ugandan death row prisoners also reside.
The husband and wife have allegedly been doing aid work in Uganda since 2017.
Just News, No Noise
- Joe Biden bribery allegations involve Ukraine, first raised with FBI in 2017, key investigator says
- Christian man arrested for quoting Bible verse at pride event
- Matt Gaetz introduces resolution to hold former Trump probe prosecutor Mark Pomerantz in contempt
- J6 Unmasked: Security footage confirms Capitol door opened, allowing 300 to enter building freely
- FBI harbored Biden allegations since 2017, through impeachment, election, lawmaker says