China's ambassador to Israel discovered dead on Sunday
Du Wei recently became China's ambassador to Israel.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Chinese ambassador to Israel on Sunday was discovered dead at home in Herzl, according to Israel's Foreign Ministry.
Du Wei is thought to have died of natural causes, according to an Israeli police spokesperson. The Chinese government indicated that his death was related to heath issues.
Wei recently became the ambassador to the U.S. ally, and previously served as the Chinese ambassador to Ukraine.
In a recent Jerusalem Post op-ed, Chinese embassy spokesperson Wang Yongjun said that U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has spoken "absurd comments on China." Yongjun criticized the ideas that the coronavirus began in China, that China has engaged in deception, and that there is danger in permitting Chinese investment.
"You’re a great partner," Pompeo said to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday, according to the New York Times. "You share information, unlike some other countries that try and obfuscate and hide information."
Just News, No Noise
- Arizona Governor-elect Hobbs ultimatum to county board: Certify her election or face felony rap
- Chairman of the Freedom Caucus says McCarthy has signaled a willingness to work with them on issues
- Cha-ching! EPA quietly quadruples regulatory cost of carbon emissions in new war on fossil fuels
- GOP senators to withhold support for Defense funding until they get vote to end military vax mandate
- Wisconsin lawmaker questions why military ballot voting dropped over 80% in 2022