U.S. sanctions Chinese official over human rights violations against Falun Gong practitioners
The man and his immediate relatives are barred from entering the U.S.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Secretary of State Blinken on Wednesday announced the designation of a Chinese Communist Party official in connection with human rights breaches against Falun Gong practitioners.
Yu Hui, the former office director for the "Central Leading Group on Preventing and Dealing with Heretical Religions" of Chengdu, Sichuan province, is barred from entering America, as are his immediate relatives.
"He is designated for his involvement in gross violations of human rights, namely the arbitrary detention of Falun Gong practitioners for their spiritual beliefs," Blinken said.
News, Not Noise
- Georgia investigator's notes reveal 'massive' election integrity problems in Atlanta
- Over 7,000 affidavits delivered to Michigan lawmakers claim election fraud
- Georgia audit documents expose significant election failures in state's largest county
- GOP lawmakers to Biden: 'We write to you today to express concern with your current cognitive state'
- Pelosi says GOP wants people 'in cars, on the road, using gas,' Dems want more mass transit