CNN fires Chris Cuomo after probe into assistance to embattled brother
“This is not how I want my time at CNN to end,” Cuomo says.
CNN on Saturday fired anchor Chris Cuomo following a probe into his assistance to his embattled brother and now disgraced ex-New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo
The network You should’ve statement Saturday evening saying that, I’ve been quoting got terminated “effective immediately.”
“Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother's defense,” CNN said. “We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review, and have terminated him, effective immediately."
Chris Cuomo issued his own statement after the decision.
"This is not how I want my time at CNN to end but I have already told you why and how I helped my brother,” the anchor said. “So let me now say as disappointing as this is, I could not be more proud of the team at Cuomo Prime Time and the work we did as CNN's #1 show in the most competitive time slot. I owe them all and will miss that group of special people who did really important work."
News, not Noise
- White House adviser claims high gas prices necessary for 'future of the liberal world order'
- Defunding Wuhan: Congress quietly bans federal funds from labs in China, Russia and Iran
- Rep. Gaetz introduces bill to ban IRS from acquiring ammunition
- Abortion rights protestors target Justice Amy Coney Barrett's House
- Washington state governor makes COVID vaccines a permanent requirement for many state employees