CNN host says 'white, liberal Hillary Clinton supporter' is who we should worry about, not the KKK
Van Jones says white voters with seemingly progressive values are the real danger to the black community
May 29, 2020 - 5:24pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
As protests and riots rage across the nation in the wake of George Floyd's death on Memorial Day, CNN's Van Jones weighed in by telling viewers who he thinks are the real threat to black Americans. The answer, white liberals, who hide behind a mask of progressive values.
“It’s not the racist white person who’s in the Ku Klux Klan that we have to worry about. It’s the white, liberal Hillary Clinton supporter walking her dog in Central Park," said Jones on Friday.
He was referring to the New York woman who was fired from her job earlier this week after a video of her calling the police on a black man went viral. She reported that an "African American man" was threatening her. The video shows the woman "weaponized race like she had been trained by the Aryan Nation," Jones said.
"Even the most liberal, well-intentioned white person has a virus in his or her brain that can be activated at an instant. And so what you’re seeing now is a curtain falling away," continued Jones, a former Obama administration adviser.
News, Not Noise
- Vindicated? Trump-touted COVID-19 drug hydroxychloroquine works, according to new study
- House Democrat Schiff had intel back in February of Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers: report
- Congresswoman on reparations: It's America's 'responsibility to pay her debt' for slavery
- Texas hospital CEO: COVID inpatient count 'misinterpreted,' level of alarm 'unwarranted'
- Major Pizza Hut, Wendy's franchisee files for bankruptcy