DirecTV to drop OAN in blow to conservative, pro-Trump news network
The network has been airing on DirecTV and AT&T since 2017.
Updated: January 15, 2022 - 10:30pm
Satellite broadcaster DirecTV has announced plans to drop the One America News (OAN) channel in a blow to the conservative, unabashedly pro-Donald Trump news network.
"We informed Herring Networks that, following a routine internal review, we do not plan to enter into a new contract when our current agreement expires," a DirecTV spokesperson said in an emailed statement to Reuters.
AT&T, which has a 70% stake in DirecTV, entered into a deal with Herring Networks Inc to air OAN in 2017, and DirecTV began carrying the network later that year.
OAN did not offer an immediate reaction to the announcement.
Just News, No Noise
- Cohen attorney letter to FEC appears to undercut DA Bragg's Trump case
- Kari Lake scores win as Arizona Supreme Court sends part of her lawsuit back to trial court
- Jim Jordan says liberal groups may have broken anti-trust laws by blocking conservative advertisers
- Judge impressed by evidence of Biden administration coercion in social media censorship case
- House Judiciary probing whether DC Democrats intervened to pressure NY prosecutor to charge Trump