Media Bias: CNN's Brianna Keilar opines on Trump's focus amid coronavirus pandemic
"The president is focused more on sending troops to protect statues of dead Confederate generals than on protecting American lives," she said.
With the Neutral Zone Infraction, Just the News tries to do its part to maintain the line between fact and opinion in American journalism by blowing the whistle each week on an egregious example of slanted coverage by reporters. This week's offender: Brianna Keilar.
CNN host Brianna Keilar during a recent television segment sharply criticized President Trump over the issue of the coronavirus pandemic.
"More than 122,000 Americans have died in the last few months. This is more than every war since the start of the Korean War combined. And the president barely mentions them or their families, he doesn't even acknowledge the collective loss of the nation. Instead he turns the pandemic into a racist punchline for his rally goers to cheer," Keilar said.
"The president is focused more on sending troops to protect statues of dead Confederate generals than on protecting American lives. Sources say he personally asked to restore the only Confederate statue in the nation's Capitol as we, America, are in the middle of a massive racial reckoning."
Keilar's opinionated assertion about the president's focus falls outside of the realm of neutral reporting.
In addition to serving as a CNN anchor Keilar also writes a column called Home Front.
Just the News has attempted to reach out to CNN for comment.
News, not Noise
- Kamala Harris casts tiebreaking vote as Biden’s massive spending and tax package advances in Senate
- Video shows children in Texas taking oath to be 'martyrs' for Iran's supreme leader
- Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act would increase taxes on nearly all Americans
- Even blue cities now want Biden to pay for cost of his open border policies
- Bernie Sanders slams Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act for failing to live up to name