Not waiting: Twitter plans to hand over @POTUS account even if Trump doesn't concede
"Twitter is actively preparing to support the transition of White House institutional Twitter accounts on January 20th, 2021," company says.
Twitter says it is planning to hand over control of all official White House Twitter accounts — including @POTUS — to Joe Biden on noon of Inauguration Day even if President Trump hasn't conceded.
"Twitter is actively preparing to support the transition of White House institutional Twitter accounts on January 20th, 2021," Twitter spokesperson Nick Pacilio said in an email published Friday by Politico. "As we did for the presidential transition in 2017, this process is being done in close consultation with the National Archives and Records Administration."
The handover requires no sharing of information between the outgoing Trump team and incoming Biden team, the company told Politico.
News, Not Noise
- Sidney Powell sues Georgia officials, alleging massive scheme to rig election for Joe Biden
- Supreme Court strikes down Cuomo's COVID restrictions on religious services in New York
- Legal group files lawsuit challenging more than 200,000 ballots in Georgia
- Trump team says it's won hearings in Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania legislatures on voting concerns
- Sanctuary Outrage: Criminal alien arrested in two murders after California released him repeatedly