AOC apologizes for not having pronouns in Instagram bio
Ocasio-Cortez said she guesses the pronouns "fell off."
New York Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Tuesday apologized to her followers on Instagram for not putting her pronouns in her biography on the social media platform.
Ocasio-Cortez hosted an "Election Day Questions" session on her Instagram when one user, rather than asking a question, commented: "[P]lease add your pronouns to your IG profile, thank you for all you do for ALL."
"Oh, I'm sorry about that. They used to be on there," Ocasio-Cortez responded in a video. "I guess they fell off, but I'll put them on right now."
The congresswoman did not clarify how the pronouns may have "fell off" her profile.
She ended the video with a screenshot of her updated profile with the pronouns "she/her."
Just News, No Noise
- US tech giants funding China's race to supremacy in AI — the 'battlefield of the future'
- China reponds to U.S. balloon shooting
- FBI arrests 2 in alleged attempt to attack Baltimore power grid, 'lay this city to waste'
- China threatens US for popping balloon as American military begins recovery operation
- Fatherless children, dangerous cities: Numbers confirm deep roots of urban crime epidemic