AOC responded to report of Sen. Joe Manchin being undecided on Biden's pick for Interior secretary
"Jeff Sessions was so openly racist that even Reagan couldn’t appoint him. Manchin voted to confirm him," Rep. Ocasio-Cortez tweeted.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Monday responded to reporting that Sen. Joe Manchin remained undecided on Biden's nomination of Rep. Deb Haaland to serve as Interior secretary.
"Jeff Sessions was so openly racist that even Reagan couldn't appoint him," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. "Manchin voted to confirm him. Sessions then targeted immigrant children for wide-scale human rights abuses w/ family separation. Yet the 1st Native woman to be Cabinet Sec is where Manchin finds unease?"
If confirmed to serve in the post, Haaland, a New Mexico Democrat, would become the first Native American Cabinet secretary.
News, Not Noise
- Ex-FBI boss has 'grave concern' FISA court was 'defrauded intentionally' in Russia probe
- FBI's cozy relations with reporters often backfired, ending with inaccurate scandal stories
- The Biden Cabinet nominee who can't seem to get her math straight
- Scientists observe ‘first known space hurricane’ raining electrons down on Earth
- Mississippi judge orders new election after finding 79% of absentee ballots invalid