Congressional Black Caucus is reportedly blocking a black GOP lawmaker from joining
"Congressman Donalds has expressed interest in joining the CBC, but has yet to receive an official invitation," an aide for the congressman said.
Updated: June 9, 2021 - 10:41pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Congressional Black Caucus, which is currently comprised entirely of Democratic lawmakers, is reportedly blocking Sunshine State Republican Rep. Byron Donalds from gaining membership, according to a source familiar with the CBC's plans.
BuzzFeed News reported that the congressman's office said that Donalds has spoken to at least three CBC members about becoming part of the group.
"Congressman Donalds has expressed interest in joining the CBC, but has yet to receive an official invitation," an aide for the congressman said, according to the outlet. "If given, he'd gladly accept.”
Just News, No Noise
- J6 Unmasked: Security footage confirms Capitol door opened, allowing 300 to enter building freely
- GOP lawmaker excoriates Jan. 6 committee as new footage comes to light
- WATCH fateful moment senate door unlocks allowing hundreds in the Capitol on January 6th
- Biden bribery memo: Open investigation or game of keep away?
- Patrick Mahomes pulls Travis Kelce away from White House podium during Chiefs' visit