Congressional Black Caucus is reportedly blocking a black GOP lawmaker from joining
"Congressman Donalds has expressed interest in joining the CBC, but has yet to receive an official invitation," an aide for the congressman said.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Congressional Black Caucus, which is currently comprised entirely of Democratic lawmakers, is reportedly blocking Sunshine State Republican Rep. Byron Donalds from gaining membership, according to a source familiar with the CBC's plans.
BuzzFeed News reported that the congressman's office said that Donalds has spoken to at least three CBC members about becoming part of the group.
"Congressman Donalds has expressed interest in joining the CBC, but has yet to receive an official invitation," an aide for the congressman said, according to the outlet. "If given, he'd gladly accept.”
News, Not Noise
- Eighteen months later, Democrats' first Trump impeachment tale in tatters
- CDC claims COVID-19 kills 'healthy young children' as doctors push back on vaccinating kids
- Biden fumbles countries at G7, mistaking Libya for Syria
- Georgia election official acknowledge chain of custody documents missing for 2020 absentee ballots
- Death of journalist who broke the Clinton-Lynch tarmac meeting is being investigated as suicide