Congressional Black Caucus is reportedly blocking a black GOP lawmaker from joining
"Congressman Donalds has expressed interest in joining the CBC, but has yet to receive an official invitation," an aide for the congressman said.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Congressional Black Caucus, which is currently comprised entirely of Democratic lawmakers, is reportedly blocking Sunshine State Republican Rep. Byron Donalds from gaining membership, according to a source familiar with the CBC's plans.
BuzzFeed News reported that the congressman's office said that Donalds has spoken to at least three CBC members about becoming part of the group.
"Congressman Donalds has expressed interest in joining the CBC, but has yet to receive an official invitation," an aide for the congressman said, according to the outlet. "If given, he'd gladly accept.”
News, not Noise
- Effort to spread discredited Russia collusion theory welcomed by McCain Senate panel, memos show
- Draft report of Maricopa audit finds Biden won but flags as many as 44,000 votes as 'critical'
- White House tells agencies to begin preparing for potential government shutdown
- Ten questions the Arizona election audit could answer Friday
- DeSantis sidesteps Biden rationing, acquires new monoclonal antibodies from U.K. drug firm