Democrat-led House Jan. 6 committee holds final hearing before Election Day
The select committee as of Monday morning had yet to announce a witness list.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Democrat-led House Jan. 6 committee will on Wednesday hold its final hearing before the Nov. 8 midterm elections.
The select committee as of Monday morning had yet to announce a witness list or the focus of the hearing, according to Punchbowl News.
However, committee member Rep. Adam Schiff, a California Democrat, told CNN on Sunday that the hearing could be "more sweeping" than some of the others.
"It will tell the story about a key element of Donald Trump’s plot to overturn the election," Schiff said.
The hearing is set for 1 p.m. on Capitol Hill, a departure from recent ones that were held during prime-time TV hours.
Just News, No Noise
- Capitol Police, FBI uncover new potential deadly risk to female officers from body armor
- 'Kick non-woke patients to the curb'? Mass General Brigham speech code includes blacklist on care
- Bar association under fire for proposal to abandon LSAT after study shows minorities score lower
- Respect for Marriage Act pending in Senate is raising constitutional concerns
- Cambridge Trinity College dean defends sermon on Jesus being 'trans,' having 'vaginal' side wound