Democrat-led House Jan. 6 committee holds final hearing before Election Day
The select committee as of Monday morning had yet to announce a witness list.
Updated: September 26, 2022 - 9:42am
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Democrat-led House Jan. 6 committee will on Wednesday hold its final hearing before the Nov. 8 midterm elections.
The select committee as of Monday morning had yet to announce a witness list or the focus of the hearing, according to Punchbowl News.
However, committee member Rep. Adam Schiff, a California Democrat, told CNN on Sunday that the hearing could be "more sweeping" than some of the others.
"It will tell the story about a key element of Donald Trump’s plot to overturn the election," Schiff said.
The hearing is set for 1 p.m. on Capitol Hill, a departure from recent ones that were held during prime-time TV hours.
Just News, No Noise
- Michigan project with $1.14B in taxpayer backing must adhere to Chinese communist rules
- GOP Rep roils hearing when asking witness why Hunter Biden not prosecuted for falsifying gun buy app
- 'Race to the bottom': Legal experts fear escalation spiral ahead of possible Trump indictment
- North Carolina governor vetoes pistol permit repeal
- Whitmer signs bill repealing Michigan's right to work law