Former acting Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman retires
Pittman was the acting chief after the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot.
Updated: November 21, 2022 - 2:34pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former acting Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman, who served in that role after the Jan. 6, 2021 U.S. Capitol riot, is retiring, according to an announcement Monday from the agency.
Pittman took over for Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund after his resignation following the riot.
"We thank her for her 22 years of service and her committed to the United States Capitol Police and our critical mission," Chief Thomas Manger said Monday in announcing Pittman's retirement.
Her last day will be February 1, 2023.
Just News, No Noise
- Cohen attorney letter to FEC appears to undercut DA Bragg's Trump case
- Kari Lake scores win as Arizona Supreme Court sends part of her lawsuit back to trial court
- Jim Jordan says liberal groups may have broken anti-trust laws by blocking conservative advertisers
- Judge impressed by evidence of Biden administration coercion in social media censorship case
- House Judiciary probing whether DC Democrats intervened to pressure NY prosecutor to charge Trump