Former acting Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman retires
Pittman was the acting chief after the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former acting Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman, who served in that role after the Jan. 6, 2021 U.S. Capitol riot, is retiring, according to an announcement Monday from the agency.
Pittman took over for Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund after his resignation following the riot.
"We thank her for her 22 years of service and her committed to the United States Capitol Police and our critical mission," Chief Thomas Manger said Monday in announcing Pittman's retirement.
Her last day will be February 1, 2023.
Just News, No Noise
- Chairman of the Freedom Caucus says McCarthy has signaled a willingness to work with them on issues
- Arizona Governor-elect Hobbs ultimatum to county board: Certify her election or face felony rap
- Cha-ching! EPA quietly quadruples regulatory cost of carbon emissions in new war on fossil fuels
- Air marshals plan to refuse Biden admin order to deploy to the southern border: report
- County under a cloud: Maricopa's decade-long history of election issues, from 2012 to 2022