Trump-backed Herschel Walker wins Georgia's GOP nomination for Senate
Walker faces Georgia Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock in the general election
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former NFL star Herschel Walker is the projected winner of the GOP nomination for a U.S. Senate seat in Georgia.
The race was called Tuesday by the Associated Press at about 8:15 Eastern time.
The Trump-backed Walker will face incumbent Democrat Sen. Raphael Warnock in the general election.
Walker, a Heisman Trophy winning running back at the University of Georgia, was expected to win heading into Election Day with a massive, roughly 50-point lead over the field, according to most polls.
Beyond the support of former President Trump, Walker has widespread support among Republicans, including the backing of Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell.
The current balance of power in the Senate is 50-50.
News, not Noise
- Manchin, Sinema defy Biden again, this time on removing filibuster for abortion law
- Supreme Court orders lower courts to vacate rulings against pro-life laws
- Ivy League study on boosters, COVID 'rebounds' fuel skepticism of federal narratives
- Biden call for filibuster exception to codify abortion rights immediately hits roadblocks
- Donald Trump questions why Jan. 6 witness Hutchinson isn't prosecuted for lying under oath