GOP Rep. Tom Reed accused of sexually harassing former lobbyist
Misconduct allegedly happened in 2017
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A former lobbyist has accused GOP congressman and New York gubernatorial hopeful Rep. Tom Reed of sexually harassing her four years ago.
Nicolette Davis told the Washington Post that Reed touched her and unhooked her bra while he was drunk at a bar in Minnesota in 2017.
Davis allegedly contacted the Post about the episode in early February, though the account wasn't published until Friday, well after Reed had announced his intent to seek the governorship in New York.
Reed has denied the allegation.
News, not Noise
- Researchers shoot holes in study touted for confirming 'masks work' in curbing COVID
- Mike Pence: 'There were irregularities' in 2020 election, feels he made right decision Jan. 6
- Biden legal defeats rapidly piling up across the nation on broad array of policy fronts
- Dying COVID-19 patient recovers after court orders ivermectin treatment
- Georgia sues Biden DOJ for evidence of ‘colluding or conspiring’ with outsiders to fight voter law