Graham predicts 'riots in the streets' if Trump is prosecuted for mishandling classified info
"There literally will be riots in the street. I worry about our country," Graham said.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham predicts that if former President Trump is prosecuted for mishandling classified government information, there will be "riots in the streets."
The South Carolina lawmaker made the prediction Sunday night on the Fox News Channel and argued that prosecuting Trump would be especially egregious considering Hillary Clinton, as secretary of State, was not prosecuted for her handling of classified emails.
"If they try to prosecute President Trump for mishandling classified information after Hillary Clinton set up a server in her basement, there literally will be riots in the street. I worry about our country," Graham said.
The National Archives sent a letter to Trump in May requesting classified documents.
Last week, the government released a heavily redacted version of the affidavit used to secure the search warrant in the FBI's raid of Trump's Florida home. The term "classified" appears in the affidavit at least 50 times, and investigators expressed concerns in the filing about the improper handling of sensitive information.
Just News, No Noise
- Nearly everyone infected with COVID-19 at CDC event was vaccinated: agency survey
- Debt deal frays GOP unity McCarthy enjoyed since Speaker battle as prominent conservatives bolt
- As it runs out of space, iconic Arlington National Cemetery faces uncertain future
- Homeland sees ‘heightened threat’ of attacks on churches, cops and feds ahead of 2024 election
- Kohl's becomes latest department store found selling LGBT pride clothing for infants, children