House Speaker Pelosi to send impeachment article to Senate on Monday, Schumer
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will send the article of impeachment on former President Trump to the Senate on Monday
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will send the article of impeachment on former President Trump to the Senate on Monday, Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer said Friday, according to multiple news reports.
The trial will be followed by a Senate trial. The Democrat-controlled House impeached Trump on a single article, related to inciting a riot, after the Jan. 6 breach of the U.S. Capitol Building following a pro-Trump rally.
“There will be a trial,” Schumer said, according to the Associated Press. “It will be a full trial, it will be a fair trial”
Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell on Thursday proposed delaying such a trail until February to give the former president time to prepare and review his case.
News, Not Noise
- Durham File: A documentary roadmap to special counsel probe of rogue FBI pursuit of Trump
- Sen. Ron Johnson says he will make Senate clerk read through the entire coronavirus relief bill
- FBI official: No shots fired by rioters, no firearms recovered during siege on U.S. Capitol
- White House cuts feed at virtual event after Biden says 'happy to take questions' from Democrats
- Blackout: White House curbs press, public access as Biden struggles with public demands of job