McConnell offers support for short-term extension of debt ceiling, compromise with Senate Democrats
The Kentucky Republican made the offer to leaders of the Democrat-controlled Senate
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on Wednesday offered a short-term suspension of the U.S. debt ceiling to avoid the U.S. defaulting on its debt in the coming day, resulting in a potential economic crisis.
The Kentucky Republican made the offer to leaders of the Democrat-controlled Senate until they can pass a more permanent measure before the year's end.
The U.S.was projected to hit its debt ceiling by Oct. 18.
News, not Noise
- COVID vaccine mandates undermined by research sponsored by vaccine makers, feds
- Lawyer for dying COVID patient who recovered after court-ordered Ivermectin urges new thinking
- Former D.C. National Guard official says generals lied to Congress about Jan. 6
- U.S. needs to go ‘scorched earth' to deter attack on Taiwan by China, military paper warns
- More than 100 drugs face supply chain shortages, FDA says