Nancy Pelosi booed at music festival in NYC
Pelosi continued with her speech, stating that the recently enacted "Inflation Reduction Act" would produce "better water and air for our children."
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was booed at the New York City Global Citizen Festival where she made a guest appearance.
According to a twitter video, Pelosi was heckled and cheered when she came onto the stage of the music festival in Central Park to discuss climate change and cutting carbon emissions.
"As speaker of the house, I am here to thank you for your dazzling advocacy, entrepreneurial thinking, and determination as global citizens," Pelosi said to the crowd, according to the New York Post.
"It's thanks to your help that the United States recently enacted historic climate legislation, which will be a game changer," Pelosi continued. "It will slash carbon pollution by 40% by 2030, it will give a historic, an historic $370 billion to fight the climate crisis."
Pelosi continued with her speech, stating that the bill would produce "better water and air for our children" and "better-paying jobs and lower energy bills for their parents," the New York Post reports.
Global Citizen thanked the house speaker via twitter for coming to the festival and making a guest appearance.
"Thank you, @SpeakerPelosi for recognizing Global Citizens all around the world who took action in support of the new, historic climate legislation in the US!" the tweet stated.
Just News, No Noise
- Culture of corruption exposed in trial centering on ex-Illinois House Speaker
- Confronted by FBI abuses, Congress ready to add civil liberty protections to key surveillance law
- Blinken grilled about $4 billion in US funding for Ukrainian pensions at House hearing
- Kentucky’s Democrat governor vetoes bill banning gender transition surgeries for children
- College wants to fire professor for 'dishonesty' of different opinions