Paul Ryan to host virtual fundraiser for Liz Cheney amid House GOP dispute
Cheney has been criticized for supporting Trump impeachment.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former Wisconsin Representative and onetime-Speaker of the House Paul Ryan will host a virtual fundraiser for Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney later this month amid an ongoing House of Representatives dispute over Cheney's public opposition to former President Donald Trump.
Cheney has faced withering criticism from House Republicans over her support for impeaching then-President Donald Trump following the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.
The suggested contribution for attendees is $2,900; for co-hosts the suggested amount is $5,800.
The digital event will take place on Mar. 25.
Just News, No Noise
- Respect for Marriage Act pending in Senate is raising constitutional concerns
- Judge sides with DeSantis, says governor won’t have to testify in suit brought by prosecutor
- Stanford gives black students preference on bus rides and movie tickets, prompting complaint
- Budweiser plans to send unsold beer intended for World Cup in Qatar to winning country
- House GOP leadership rejects 6 of 8 rules changes sought by conservatives, with more pending