Rep. AOC after DNC: 'I extend my deepest congratulations to Joe Biden - let’s go win in November'
'If you were confused, no worries! Convention rules require roll call & nominations for every candidate that passes the delegate threshold,' Ocasio-Cortez tweeted
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said the Democratic National Committee asked her to speak during the roll call for Sen. Bernie Sanders' ceremonial nomination at the convention on Tuesday evening but she wants Joe Biden to win in November.
"If you were confused, no worries! Convention rules require roll call & nominations for every candidate that passes the delegate threshold," she wrote on Twitter. "I was asked to 2nd the nom for Sen. Sanders for roll call. I extend my deepest congratulations to Joe Biden – let’s go win in November."
Ocasio-Cortez, a New York Democrat, was a strong supporter of Sanders' 2020 bid to become the Democratic presidential nominee. She was criticized for not mentioning Biden during her speech. Biden on Tuesday night received enough votes in the roll call to formally receive the party nomination as president.
The New York Democrat also wrote that she's looking forward to "fighting for our future together and reclaiming our democracy in November."
News, not Noise
- Head of Atlanta’s transit system kills self by stepping in front of commuter train
- Tennis star Djokovic ordered deported from Australia, deprived of chance to defend Open title
- Trump at Arizona rally: U.S. becoming 'large-scale version of Venezuela' under Biden
- Hostages freed at Texas synagogue, suspect dead after reportedly demanding terrorist’s release
- United Van Lines report: Americans continue moving out of higher-tax states