AOC pretends to be handcuffed during arrest at Supreme Court abortion protest
The original Squad members were among several congressional Democrats arrested
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Several congressional Democrats, including Reps. Ilhan Omar and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, were arrested Tuesday outside of the U.S. Supreme Court during an abortion-rights protest for allegedly blocking traffic.
In total, U.S. Capitol Police arrested 34 people, including 16 members of Congress.
U.S. Capitol Police posted a warning Tuesday on Twitter to demonstrators, stating: "It is against the law to block traffic, so officers are going to give our standard three warnings before they start making arrests."
North Carolina Democrat Rep. Alma Adams was also arrested, her staff confirmed on Twitter.
Omar's staff confirmed her arrest to Minnesota CBS affiliate WCCO.
A video posted by a WCCO-TV journalist shows Omar with her hands behind her back, walking and giving a smile. At the very last second, she appears to raise one hand over her head in defiance. Ocasio-Cortez also had her hands behind her back but did not appear to be wearing handcuffs.
Just News, No Noise
- Michigan project with $1.14B in taxpayer backing must adhere to Chinese communist rules
- 'Race to the bottom': Legal experts fear escalation spiral ahead of possible Trump indictment
- GOP Rep roils hearing when asking witness why Hunter Biden not prosecuted for falsifying gun buy app
- Whitmer signs bill repealing Michigan's right to work law
- North Carolina governor vetoes pistol permit repeal