AOC pretends to be handcuffed during arrest at Supreme Court abortion protest
The original Squad members were among several congressional Democrats arrested
Several congressional Democrats, including Reps. Ilhan Omar and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, were arrested Tuesday outside of the U.S. Supreme Court during an abortion-rights protest for allegedly blocking traffic.
In total, U.S. Capitol Police arrested 34 people, including 16 members of Congress.
U.S. Capitol Police posted a warning Tuesday on Twitter to demonstrators, stating: "It is against the law to block traffic, so officers are going to give our standard three warnings before they start making arrests."
North Carolina Democrat Rep. Alma Adams was also arrested, her staff confirmed on Twitter.
Omar's staff confirmed her arrest to Minnesota CBS affiliate WCCO.
A video posted by a WCCO-TV journalist shows Omar with her hands behind her back, walking and giving a smile. At the very last second, she appears to raise one hand over her head in defiance. Ocasio-Cortez also had her hands behind her back but did not appear to be wearing handcuffs.
Just News, No Noise
- CDC knew COVID vax associated with myocarditis but left off post-vax surveys
- Kanye West walks out of interview when host pushes back on Jewish claims
- Arizona county board supervisors say they voted to certify election 'under duress'
- Pennsylvania county that ran out of paper ballots doesn't certify election
- Arizona county refuses to certify election, could face potential lawsuit