Sen. Manchin says bipartisan COVID-19 relief plan to be released on Monday
"We'll have a bill produced for the American people tomorrow, $908 billion dollars," the West Virginia Democrat said about the proposal.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Senator Joe Manchin during an interview on Fox News Sunday with host Chris Wallace said that a bipartisan group of lawmakers' proposed COVID-19 relief legislation will be released on Monday.
Wallace asked if a $908 billion compromise plan is off the table, and if there were a chance that Congress would leave Washington for the rest of the year without passing a COVID relief bill.
Manchin responded that "the plan is alive and well," and he shot down the concept of Congress skipping town before approving any relief.
"We'll have a bill produced for the American people tomorrow, $908 billion dollars," the West Virginia Democrat said about the proposal that will be shared. "We're trying to get through the toughest first quarter of our country that we've ever faced."
Manchin said he could not guarantee that the legislation would pass. "But I can tell you one thing: What's the alternative? What are you going to do? We've given one month, day and night, our staffs have worked around the clock," he said. "We've done everything we can to put an all-inclusive product together. Pick whatever parts you like, whatever parts you don't like. Put it all together or take it as a whole. We're gonna give it to you the way we think the American people need it. In an emergency situation, we need this legislation."
News, Not Noise
- Mystery deepens over Biden Interior nominee's finances as she files third amended ethics report
- Cuomo accused of harassment, 'hostility' and 'dirty tricks' against woman while HUD chief
- Fauci's flip-flops: How 'America’s Doctor' has repeatedly reversed himself during Covid crisis
- 'Trump will be your president long before 2024,': MyPillow's Lindell amid Dominion defamation suit
- Senator Romney knocked unconscious from weekend fall, requiring stitches to lip, eyebrow