You Vote: Are Democrats, mainstream media out of touch by devoting so much attention to Jan. 6?
Amid soaring inflation and record gas prices, Jan. 6 committee holding high-profile hearings
The Democrat-led House Committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021 riot at the Capitol continued its marathon of public hearings this past week.
Lawmakers on the committee have tried to show that former President Trump was at the center of a coordinated campaign to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election and that his efforts incited a mob to swarm the Capitol in a bid to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power.
On Thursday, the committee presented evidence that some of Trump's aides knew his plans were illegal but pushed them anyway.
Prominent mainstream media outlets have been devoting significant coverage to the hearings. But critics argue that Democrats and others devoting so much attention to the hearings appear "tone-deaf" as Americans are focused on soaring inflation and historically high gas prices devastating their wallets.
What do you think? Are lawmakers and journalists missing what's on the minds of the American people? Here's your chance to weigh in:
News, not Noise
- North Carolina voters abandoning Democrats, switching to GOP as part of a national trend
- Highland Park gunman’s history, weapon purchase raise questions whether Democrat gun laws work
- Medical licensing boards face pushback for enforcing CDC vaccine recommendations, gender ideology
- Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham will not comply with Georgia election probe subpoena
- Texas counties declare 'invasion' in bid to pressure governor over illegal migrant crisis