Actor Danny Masterson charged with raping three women
Masterson previously acted on "That 70's Show"
June 18, 2020 - 11:48am
Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey on Wednesday announced charges of rape against actor Daniel Masterson.
Masterson is accused of raping three women, with all the alleged rapes occurring in his home. He is accused of raping two of the women in 2003 and one in 2001.
The 44-year-old actor, who previously played a role on "That 70's Show" between 1998 and 2006, faces a maximum sentence of 45 years to life, according to a press release.
The press release notes that "the District Attorney’s Office declined to file sexual assault charges against Masterson in two other cases, one for insufficient evidence and the other based upon the statute of limitations for the crime alleged."
Masterson's lawyer in a statement pushed back against the allegations of wrongdoing: "The people who know Mr. Masterson know his character and know the allegations to be false," he said.
News, Not Noise
- Vindicated? Trump-touted COVID-19 drug hydroxychloroquine works, according to new study
- House Democrat Schiff had intel back in February of Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers: report
- Congresswoman on reparations: It's America's 'responsibility to pay her debt' for slavery
- Texas hospital CEO: COVID inpatient count 'misinterpreted,' level of alarm 'unwarranted'
- Major Pizza Hut, Wendy's franchisee files for bankruptcy