Convicted killer Robert Durst dies in custody.
Durst was sentenced to life in prison in October 2021 for first-degree murder
Convicted killer Robert Durst died in custody early Monday morning, according to his lawyer.
Durst was sentenced to life in prison in October 2021 for the first-degree murder of friend Susan Berman, who was fatally shot in 2000 in her Los Angeles home.
The 78-year-old Durst was after his sentencing charged with the murder of his wife, Kathie, who disappeared near their Westchester County, New York, home in 1982, according to ABC News.
Prosecutors allege Durst killed Berman for fear she would reveal details about the death of his wife, whose body was never found.
"We understand that his death was due to natural causes associated with the litany of medical issues we had repeatedly reported to the court over the last couple of years," Durst lawyer, Chip Lewis said in a statement obtained by ABC News.
Just News, No Noise
- Recall of pro-Trump Republican National Committeeman for Oregon fails 80-50
- Doctored evidence? Democrat-led J6 panel added audio to silent security video for primetime hearings
- Watch: How Jan. 6 security footage was altered by Democrats to add provocative sound
- House Republicans call on DOJ to turn over documents on FBI role in Trump investigation
- Nearly 10,000 photos from Hunter Biden's laptop published online