Convicted killer Robert Durst dies in custody.
Durst was sentenced to life in prison in October 2021 for first-degree murder
Convicted killer Robert Durst died in custody early Monday morning, according to his lawyer.
Durst was sentenced to life in prison in October 2021 for the first-degree murder of friend Susan Berman, who was fatally shot in 2000 in her Los Angeles home.
The 78-year-old Durst was after his sentencing charged with the murder of his wife, Kathie, who disappeared near their Westchester County, New York, home in 1982, according to ABC News.
Prosecutors allege Durst killed Berman for fear she would reveal details about the death of his wife, whose body was never found.
"We understand that his death was due to natural causes associated with the litany of medical issues we had repeatedly reported to the court over the last couple of years," Durst lawyer, Chip Lewis said in a statement obtained by ABC News.
News, not Noise
- Judge strikes down California's quota for women on corporate boards
- On eve of primary, Dr. Oz non-committal on 2020 election irregularities
- Michael Flynn files $50 million claim against feds in prelude to lawsuit over Russia probe
- Arkansas election officials muffed GOP Senate candidate’s name, he sued them and won
- Trump support of Dr. Oz puts kingmaker status to the test in 3-way Pennsylvania GOP primary race