Ex-officer Chauvin charged in George Floyd’s death posts $1 million bond to leave Minnesota prison
Floyd died May 25 while in police custody
Derek Chauvin, the ex-Minneapolis officer charged in George Floyd's death, on Wednesday posted a $1 million bond to leave a Minnesota prison.
Chauvin was charged in the May 25 incident in which he was seen in viral video kneeling on Floyd's neck during an arrest. Floyd, who is black, lost consciousness and died en route to a hospital in an ambulance. His death sparked months of protests about police brutality toward black people.
News, Not Noise
- Bill Gates: 'Shutting down' economy 'nowhere near sufficient' to stop climate change
- Former 'Home Improvement' actor arrested in Oregon
- DNI Ratcliffe says Hunter Biden laptop is not 'some Russian disinformation campaign'
- Georgetown University hired fired FBI agent Peter Strzok as an adjunct professor
- Trump calls Biden family a 'criminal enterprise' as crowd chants 'lock him up'