Kidnapped California family, including infant, found dead, 'worst fears have been confirmed'
Authorities say the family members were taken against their will Monday from their family trucking business.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A central California family of four was found dead Wednesday night after being kidnapped two days earlier, according to news reports.
The discover of the deceased family members, including an 8-month-old, was announced by the Merced County Sheriff's Office.
"Tonight, our worst fears have been confirmed," said Sheriff Vernon Warnke, according to NBC News. "We found the four people from the kidnapping, and they are in fact deceased."
The victims, who were reportedly found in farmland, have been identified as infant Aroohi Dheri; parents Jasleen Kaur, 27, and Jasdeep Singh, 36; and an uncle, Amandeep Singh, 39.
The sheriff’s office said the family members were taken against their will Monday from their family trucking business. Video appears to shows the family members being abducted from the business by an armed male, NBC also reports.
Just News, No Noise
- Judge sides with DeSantis, says governor won’t have to testify in suit brought by prosecutor
- IRS warns taxpayers of new $600 threshold for reporting third-party payments
- House GOP leadership rejects 6 of 8 rules changes sought by conservatives, with more pending
- Musk indicates he will release internal Twitter docs on censorship of Hunter Biden laptop story
- Budweiser plans to send unsold beer intended for World Cup in Qatar to winning country